Sunday 11 January 2009

Facebook and the Arthur Blessitt post



Facebook
Something is happening.Facebook is nolonger the sole preserve of the teen, or the mother chasing after their offspring. In the last few weeks many individuals in churches have been linking up. Even men. Even Ivor the plumber. Christine has been on for a while. Today I signed up. see side link.....
While appreciating Sheila's previous comments about such things...I have to say , something is happening...something more than we originally could have thought...us fogey 50 year olds.
Not that we should be chained to a computer....but the odd salient line of info can't hurt..so others know roughly where you are at.And somehow you have a better corporate idea of what goes on outside meetings...or friends in general. So village life may be dead...but this is new, because it is international and instant. Perhaps better fitting the rising worldwide Body of Christ.
Arthur Blessitt
I did a post about Arthur here, and his new film out soon. A new autobiography is coming out too. Someone connected with the publishing has asked me to do a review after seeing this post. His email had got lost in google. (I think we have a referral problem to do with being on Outlook 2000). You never know who is reading these blogs.

3 comments:

lydia said...

I guess I will have to look you up on Facebook!

I got a transcript of the new book to review too, thanks to my glee over your earlier post, you just reminded me I need to finish reading the book and write a post on it! I still can't wait for the movie!!

Sheila Atchley said...

Make sure you and Christine "friend" me! (I do think Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with people you do not ordinarily see each week...just pleeeeeeeease don't send me buttons or make me "rate you" as a friend. ACK! THAT is what I do not like about it - Facebook can seem to bring out the teenager in middle-aged women.)

:-)

I'll be looking for you!

Chris Welch - 07000INTUNE said...

The facebook link on this site.There are gazillions of Chris Welches it turns out. I had no idea.