Friday 8 May 2015

David Bilbrough,Jon Bilbrough and Dan Bilbrough


Hi everyone

It’s May.. the sun is shining today! Can’t believe it’s almost halfway through the year, but what a perfect time to write you an update as someone on my regular mailing list.

Pat and I have just returned from a wonderful visit to Sri Lanka where, working with local musicians, we had the privilege of playing at the Columbo Oval Cricket Ground at the opening and closing ceremonies of the Interchurch Games. It was a great time renewing connections we’ve had in the past as well as discovering new friends, and we had the opportunity of visiting to share with some great church congregations on what was a very memorable trip.

These last few months have seen a steady round of “Tales of a Troubadour” across the UK. It’s been a great privilege to work with World Vision on these evenings where I share my stories and travels on this unique event. Many of you would have come to one; if not, click here for a flavour. www.davebilbrough.com. If you are interested in hosting your own “Tales” do get in touch strum@davebilbrough.com

A major part of my work over the last few months has been recording a new album. I can’t wait for you to hear it. It should be released in the next few months. Called "The Song That I Sing” I’ve been focussing hard on this collection of self-written songs, which are largely hymnlike with folk melodies that can be sung and listened to. I’ve tried to dig deeper with the lyrics and in turn tried to present a musical style that enhances and is not formulaic. I hope it will encourage others to think more creatively about how they express worship. Alongside working with my friend Matt Hay, who engineered the album, it’s also been great to work alongside my son, Jon Bilbrough, who was at the helm, producing the recording.

I plan to tour extensively with “The Song that I Sing” in the Autumn of 2015 through into 2016 and would love to bring the songs to your area. If you are interested in hosting an event, either with this, or 'Tales of a Troubadour', do send us an email in the first instance to strum@davebilbrough.com

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Hope to be able to catch up with sometime soon on my travels.

Dave
www.davebilbrough.com


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://youtu.be/lWfYKvxY_2M

REMINDER THIS FRIDAY - Dan Bilbrough & Raul D'Oliveira 'Rhythmic Soundscapes' live @ All Hallows on the Wall. Historic 18th century church building near Liverpool Street station. Should be a great evening. Check out the clip for a taster and click on the event link to let us know you're coming. Be great to see you there. - https://www.facebook.com/events/1596500840563886/

No comments: